Bespoke Corset Construction at Orchid
We believe in providing you with a price that covers all essentials for your order. You may wish to upgrade some areas of your bespoke corset such as adding deliciously ruffled silk garters or delicate hand sewn applique to adorn the bustline. However, you can rest assured that all the following details are included for your order, and that your corset will be made to comply with our exacting standards.
Your corset will be…
– Made to an in-depth series of measurements, ensuring a glove-like fit for the wearer and a piece that will capture your imagination and delight the senses.
– Formed around our standard construction, which uses a layer of strong cotton coutil as a base with a cotton lining. Alternative constructions are available for lighter or more rigid corsetry, using materials such as silk mesh or a durable double canvas core, please enquire for price options.
– Informed by toile fittinings, which are provided for overbust styles for peace of mind and a confirmed fit, no matter where you are in the world.
– Strengthened with an integrated hidden waist tape for additional reinforcement and to ensure the longest life for your corset.
– Supported with up to twenty-four steel bones, a mixture of firm mid weight spiral wires and flat steels to perfectly form your flawless new curves.
– Finished with a fully boned rear modesty panel and a front modesty panel behind the busk.
– Made with your choice of a steel busk fastening, zip or closed front reinforced with flat steel bones for the finest finish.
– Hand finished, with all binding hand-cut and hand sewn to give a beautiful couture finish to the corset.
– Sent to you in a beautiful branded presentation box, which protects the corset during it’s journey to you, and makes a beautiful storage box in your lingerie drawer.
The only exception to these examples is the ribbon corset, which uses alternative methods to provide its strength and is typically made of 2 main layers without a waist tape.
Many more options are available to enhance your corset and make it stand out from the crowd, but you can be assured that these components form the core of our work and will never be compromised.